Domestic Wire Setup
The procedure below will provide step-by-step guidance in setting up a beneficiary with a Domestic Financial Institution. It will also provide instructions on how to initiate a Domestic Wire Transfer.
You can download a PDF of these instructions, here.
Creating a Domestic Beneficiary:
- Once logged into your online profile, click on the Wires Tab.
- If your organization currently utilizes RSA Tokens, input the token from your mobile device or hardware token. If you do not utilize tokens, you will automatically be redirected to the Wires tab.
- Click the Beneficiaries tab.
- For Beneficiary Type, select Domestic.
- Type the requested information. Items marked with an asterisk (*) must be entered prior to saving the beneficiary.
- Nickname: Any description that will help identify the beneficiary.
- Beneficiary Name: The legal name on the account that the funds will credit.
- Email Address: Email Address for the beneficiary (this will allow the beneficiary to be notified once the wire has been processed).
- Account Number: Full Account Number/IBAN for the beneficiary.
- Address: Full Address for the beneficiary.
- Institution Number Type: Leave ABA selected to enter the Routing Number.
- Institution Name: Full name of the Beneficiary’s Financial Institution.
- Institution Number: The Routing/ABA number provided by the Beneficiary.
- Address: Full Address for the Beneficiary’s Financial Institution.
- Once all necessary information for your beneficiary has been entered, click Save.
- A confirmation message will appear at the top of the screen indicating the payee was successfully added.
Initiating a Domestic Wire Transfer:
- Under the Wires tab, select Single.
- Complete the requested fields.
- Funding Account
- Date the wire is to be sent
- Memo (This information will be sent to the beneficiary. May include invoice number or any desired payment details).
- Click Submit.
- If your organization does not currently utilize RSA Tokens, a Text or Call Verification is required. Select your delivery preference and once you receive the code, input in on the screen in online banking.
If your organization utilizes RSA Tokens, the Text/Call Verification is not applicable to you and you may disregard that step in this procedure.
- If your organization has Single approval, the wire is initiated and will be processed shortly.
- If your organization has Dual-Approval entitlements in place, a secondary user with Approval authority will be required to log into their online profile and approve the wire. Until this step is completed, the wire is considered pending and will not be sent. Once all necessary approvals are completed, the wire is initiated and will be processed shortly.
Wire & ACH Fraud
ACH transaction and wire transfer security is critical. The best defense against potential fraud is to implement a strong information security program.